Subway gift cards are a popular and convenient way to pay for your favorite Subway sandwiches, salads, and sides. The cards can be purchased online, in Subway restaurants, or in major retailers in denominations ranging from $10 to $500. Once purchased, the card can be used like cash at any participating Subway location in the United States and Canada. If you have received or purchased a Subway gift card, you may be wondering how to check the balance to see how much money is left on the card. Checking your Subway gift card balance is easy and can be done through a few different methods.
Checking Balance Online
The easiest way to check your Subway card balance is online at www.subway.com. You will need to create an online Subway account connected to your gift card to check the balance online.
Follow these steps to check your Subway gift card balance online:
- Go to www.subway.com
- Click on “Check Your Card” at the top of the homepage.
- Click on “Check Balance” and enter your Subway gift card number and PIN when prompted. Your PIN can be found on the back of the physical Subway gift card or provided in your gift card email if it is a digital card.
- After entering your Subway gift card information, your current balance will be displayed.
Checking online allows you to view your balance anytime without having to go to a Subway restaurant. It’s also useful if your physical card is lost or not on hand. As long as you have the card number and PIN, you can check the balance online.
Check Balance In-Store
You can also check the balance of your Subway gift card in person at any Subway restaurant. To check your balance at a store, simply follow these steps:
- Take your Subway gift card to a Subway restaurant.
- When you are ready to pay for your order, hand your Subway gift card to the cashier.
- Ask the cashier to check the balance on the card before paying for your order.
- The cashier will swipe the card through the point of sale system which will pull up and display the current balance.
- The cashier will tell you the gift card balance so you know how much is left to spend on your order.
Checking your balance at a Subway restaurant is easy and only takes a few seconds. This method allows you to check the balance and use the card at the same time for your purchase.
Check Balance By Phone
You can also check your gift card balance by calling the Subway Customer Service phone number at 1-800-888-4848.
To check your card balance by phone:
- Call 1-800-888-4848.
- Select the option for “Gift Cards” when prompted by the automated system.
- You will be connected with a customer service representative who can assist you.
- Provide the customer service agent with your Subway gift card number and PIN.
- The agent will be able to access your account and inform you of your current Subway gift card balance.
Calling Subway Customer Service allows you to easily get your gift card balance information even if you don’t have access to the internet or a Subway restaurant nearby. However, you may be put on hold so checking online or in-store can be faster.
Check Subway Gift Card Balance
You received a Subway gift card and want to know the available balance. But before heading to the restaurant to order your favorite sub sandwich, it’s useful to check the balance in advance. This saves finding out there’s not enough left on the card once it’s time to pay. The good news is checking your Subway gift card is quick and easy without needing to create an account or register the card.
No need to scratch off a panel covering a hidden code on the back of the card either – the full card number is typically printed right on the front or back. Subway now utilizes a central gift card processor that allows tracking of balances tied to the unique card number.
Here are the simple steps to check any Subway gift card balance:
- Go to www.mysubwaycard.com on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. This is the Subway gift card portal for enquiring card status and balances.
- Select “Check Your Balance” from the main menu options.
- Enter the complete 16-digit gift card number found printed on the front or back of the physical card.
- Enter the 4-digit security code also printed on the card when prompted. Select territories outside North America may not require this step.
- The portal displays available balance details after validating the gift card number and security code match.
If you no longer have possession of the physical Subway gift card, try checking any past online order receipts containing the gift card number and security code required for the balance lookup.
In just a few quick clicks without needing to create yet another online account, anyone can check the exact balance remaining on a Subway gift card. Now you know how much is available before visiting your neighborhood Subway location to enjoy footlongs, six inch subs, pizza, cookies, and more using your prepaid gift card funds.
Reloading Your Subway Gift Card
Once your Subway gift card balance starts running low, you have the option to add funds and reload your card. Reloading your card allows you to continue using it instead of having to purchase a new one.
You can reload a Subway gift card in two ways:
To reload your Subway gift card in person, simply bring your card to any participating Subway restaurant in the US or Canada. Ask the cashier to add funds onto the card by providing cash or swiping a credit or debit card for the reload amount. The cashier will process the reload which will instantly add funds to your existing gift card.
You can also reload Subway gift cards online at www.subway.com. To reload online, you must first create an online Subway account and register your gift card to your account profile. Once registered, select the “Reload Card” option and follow the prompts to add money from a linked credit card or bank account. The funds will be added to your gift card electronically within an hour.
The main benefit of reloading online is convenience since you can add funds from anywhere without having to visit a store.
Combining Cards and Transfers
If you have multiple Subway gift cards, you can combine balances onto one card to simplify tracking funds. Balances can be combined by registering the cards to the same online Subway account profile. Once registered, select the “Transfer Balance” option to move funds from one card to another registered card.
You can also transfer balances between Subway gift cards belonging to the same guest user account, allowing you to easily manage and consolidate card funds.
Getting a Refund on an Active Balance
If your Subway gift card still has an active balance you are unable to use, you can request a refund of the remaining funds. To be eligible for a gift card refund, you must meet certain requirements:
- The card must have been purchased directly from a participating Subway restaurant location. Third-party purchased cards are ineligible.
- The remaining balance must be at least $10.00. Cards with a balance below this amount will not be refunded.
- The card cannot have an expired status. Only active cards will be refunded.
If eligible, you will need to submit a Gift Card Refund Request Form which can be found on www.subway.com. The form requires you to provide the gift card number, balance, and personal information. Refund requests can take 4-6 weeks to process.
Once approved, the refund will be issued to the original purchasing payment method if it was a credit/debit card. Cash purchases will be refunded via check. Any applicable fees may be deducted from the refund amount.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check your balance online by going to www.subway.com, clicking “Check Your Card”, selecting “Check Balance”, and entering your gift card number and PIN.
If you’re having trouble checking your balance, make sure you are entering the correct card number and PIN which can be found on the back of the physical card or gift card email. If you still can’t view the balance, contact Subway Customer Service for assistance.
Using your Subway gift card is easy. Simply hand your card to the cashier when paying for your order at any Subway location. The card’s value will be applied toward your purchase like a debit card.
You can check your Subway card balance in-store or online without needing a phone number. For online balance checks, you just need the gift card number and PIN which are accessible without calling Subway.
Subway gift cards do not have an expiration date and can be used indefinitely as long as there is a balance remaining on the card. Cards will expire once the balance reaches $0.
Checking and managing your Subway gift card balance is easy and convenient whether you choose to check online, on the Subway app, in-store, or over the phone. Reloading funds onto your existing card is also simple when you need to continue getting use from the card.
The gift card makes the perfect hassle-free gift for Subway fans in your life. With options to check the balance and receive refunds on unused funds, gift card recipients can easily monitor and redeem their Subway gift.
So the next time you receive or purchase a Subway gift card, remember how simple it is to check your balance. With this guide, you can easily monitor your card’s funds and use your Subway gift card to the maximum value.